Translate

Friday, March 23, 2012

Children like many stars in the sky

Messier 9 (M9) has been known to modern astronomers as a globular cluster of over 300,000 stars within a diameter of about 90 light-years. It lies some 25,000 light-years distant, near the central bulge of our Milky Way galaxy. I like star gazing because it makes me humble before the Creator God when I see the uncountable stars in a night sky. Genesis tells us that God created the heavens and the earth including all the celestial bodies in it. No one can count the exact numbers at all but estimate. God promised Abraham that He would multiply Abraham's seed like many stars in the sky and the grains of sand on the seashore(Genesis 22:17). Who are the seed of Abraham? It's obvious that they are not meant to be the physical Israelites only. They are countable and they are living in Palestine and scattered all over the world. Rather, they are the "multitudes in white robes who were washed in the Blood of Christ" throughout the ages as described in the Book of Revelation. Tonight if permitted, I will gaze at the night sky with my a small "2.5 telescope, by which I can barely see the planets like Jupiter with its 4 moons, Venus and constellations like Orion Belts, the Pleiades in the eastern sky after sunset while remembering the promise of God made to Abraham making his children as many as stars, which was fulfilled in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, the Seed of Abraham and the Root of Jesse because Bible says, "If anyone has faith in Jesus Chist, they are the children of Abraham, the father of faith in God." Have a nice weekend, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Dad, I really enjoy your blogging. They are like a fresh insight to me from the Word of God. I love you style of English writing; it is so easy to understand! :) From your daughter, Rachel

    ReplyDelete