Translate

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Three C's



In Matthew 5:42, the Lord says;
"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." Amen.
Couple of days ago, one of my children reminded me of what I have taught them how to deal with money matter between the siblings(I have 4 children) if it arises in the future. I told them categorically in Do’s and Don’ts as follows. It can be also applicable to anyone around us.
Do’s for sharing: Christ, Cash, Cookies/Cakes
Don’ts for sharing: Credit, Cars, Computer/Communication Devices
I don’t know how I came up with this idea, but I guess I got it from my personal life experience and/or what I have seen from the life of parents’ generation.
I still keep this principle or value system regarding this matter and practice it except the cases happened to me once or twice. If this contradicts the Word of the Lord, I must correct my belief according to His Word. But I think this idea would not hinder us from living up to His Word as children of God because the act of borrowing from someone sometimes causes huge relationship damage between siblings and friends to the extent that the restoration of close relationship is almost impossible. I have seen and experienced this kind of thing many times.
What do you think of this issue? If your brothers and sisters in family or faith are in need, you should not turn your eyes away from them; rather you should extend helping hands toward them. But, how?  Then you’d better keep in mind what I’ve suggested to you in this practical issue i.e. Three C’s above.


No comments:

Post a Comment