Translate

Friday, June 1, 2012

Tears in Heaven




Tears in Heaven  By Eric Clapton

If you want to watch, just click to follow link; uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM
"Tears in Heaven" is a ballad written by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings about the pain Clapton felt following the 1991 death of his four-year-old son, Conor, who fell from a 53rd-story window in his mother's friend's New York City condominium. By all accounts, the death was simply a tragic accident, and Clapton was distraught for months afterwards.[1] This song is one of Clapton's most successful, reaching #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in the U.S. The song also spent three weeks at #1 on the American adult contemporary chart in 1992.
Clapton wrote the song with Will Jennings, who was reluctant at first to help him with such a personal song.[2] The song was initially featured on the soundtrack to the film Rush, and it won three Grammy awards for Song of the Year, Record of the Year and Male Pop Vocal Performance in 1993.

Tears in Heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven
Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I'll find my way, through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven
Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knee
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please
(instrumental)
Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven 
Personally I like his performance but it’s a sad song to me for the following reasons;
  1. He sang for his lost son.
  2. He keeps saying, “I don’t belong here in heaven” where he believes his son is.
  3. Tune is so ‘melancholy’.

In comparison with his song lyrics, the Bible truth tells us that the blessed state of the New Heaven and New Earth will be glorious as written in Revelation 21:4;
“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes - This will be one of the characteristics of that blessed state in Heaven, that not a tear shall ever be shed there. How different will that be from the condition here.
And there shall be no more death - In all that future world of glory, not one shall ever die; not a grave shall ever be dug! What a view do we begin to get of heaven, when we are told there shall be no "death" there! How different from earth, where death is so common; where our best friends die; where fathers, mothers, wives, husbands, sons, daughters, all die.
Neither sorrow - The word "sorrow" here - πένθος penthos - denotes sorrow or grief of any kind; sorrow for the loss of property or friends; sorrow for disappointment, persecution, or care; even sorrow over our sins.
Nor crying - κραυγὴ kraugē." This word properly denotes a cry, an outcry and then a cry of sorrow. This is evidently its meaning here, and it refers to all the outbursts of grief arising from affliction, from oppression, from violence.
Neither shall there be any more pain - There will be no sickness, and no calamity; nor there will be no mental sorrow arising from remorse, from disappointment, or from the evil conduct of violent people for our body will be raised glorious, powerful, incorruptible, and spiritual.
It’s all because the old order of things has passed away!

2 comments:

  1. What a comforting reminder that there will be day when God will wipe every tear from our eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly it is.
      How wonderful would it be to live with the Lord who wipes every tear from our eyes! I love You Lord Jesus!

      Delete