Translate

Friday, December 16, 2016

Let JESUS Be Exalted In The Highest




Psalm 70 NIV







For the director of music. Of David. A petition.









1Hasten, O GOD, To Save me;
Come Quickly, LORD, To Help me.






2May those who want to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.
3May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!”
turn back because of their shame.
4But may all who seek YOU
rejoice and be glad in YOU;
may those who long for YOUR Saving Help always say,


“The LORD Is Great!”








5But as for me, I am poor and needy;






Come Quickly To me, O GOD.
YOU Are my Help and my Deliverer;
LORD, Do Not Delay.








Psalm 70






 David here prays that GOD Would Send,


I. Help to himself (v. 1, 5).


II. Shame to his enemies (v. 2, 3).


III. Joy to his friends (v. 4).



These five verses were the last five verses of Psalm 40. He seems to have intended this short prayer to be both for himself and us a salve for every sore.


In singing this Psalm, we may apply it to our particular troubles, whatever they are.









No comments:

Post a Comment