Translate

Thursday, April 27, 2017

They Will Know That I AM JEHOVAH WHO Does All These Things



Ezekiel 28:1-28







A Prophecy Against the King of Tyre






1The WORD of The LORD Came To me: 


2Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, 


This Is What The SOVEREIGN LORD Says:


“ ‘In the pride of your heart
you say, “I am a god;
I sit on the throne of a god
in the heart of the seas.”
But you are a mere mortal and not a god,
though you think you are as wise as a god.



3Are you wiser than Daniel ?
Is no secret hidden from you?
4By your wisdom and understanding
you have gained wealth for yourself
and amassed gold and silver
in your treasuries.
5By your great skill in trading
you have increased your wealth,
and because of your wealth
your heart has grown proud.


6“ ‘Therefore This Is What The SOVEREIGN LORD Says:


“ ‘Because you think you are wise,
as wise as a god,
7I AM Going To Bring foreigners against you,
the most ruthless of nations;
they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom
and pierce your shining splendor.
8They will bring you down to the pit,
and you will die a violent death
in the heart of the seas.
9Will you then say, “I am a god,”
in the presence of those who kill you?
You will be but a mortal, not a god,
in the hands of those who slay you.
10You will die the death of the uncircumcised
at the hands of foreigners.

I Have Spoken,


Declares The SOVEREIGN LORD.’ ”



11The WORD of The LORD Came To me: 


12Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: 


‘This Is What The SOVEREIGN LORD Says:


“ ‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13You were in Eden,
the garden of GOD;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.
14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the Holy Mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.
15You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.

16Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I Drove you in disgrace from the Mount of God,
and I Expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.
17Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I Threw you to the earth;
I Made a spectacle of you before kings.







18By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I Made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I Reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
19All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’ ”








A Prophecy Against Sidon






20The WORD of The LORD Came To me:


21“Son of man, set your face against Sidon; prophesy against her 

22and say:



‘This Is What The SOVEREIGN LORD Says:


“ ‘I AM Against you, Sidon,
and among you I Will Display My Glory.
You will know that I AM The LORD,
when I Inflict punishment on you
and within you AM Proved To Be Holy.
23I Will Send a plague upon you
and Make blood flow in your streets.
The slain will fall within you,
with the sword against you on every side.


Then you will know that I AM The LORD.


24“ ‘No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who are painful briers and sharp thorns.


Then they will know that 


I AM The SOVEREIGN LORD.


25“ ‘This Is What The SOVEREIGN LORD Says: 


26They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I Inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them.


Then they will know that 


I AM The LORD their GOD.’ ”















This chapter contains a prophecy of the destruction of the prince of Tyre; a lamentation for the king of Tyre; a denunciation of Judgments on Sidon, and a promise of peace and safety to Israel.


 The order given the prophet to prophesy of the ruin of the prince of Tyre, Ezekiel 28:1, the cause of his ruin, his pride on account of his wisdom and riches, which rose to such a pitch, as to make himself GOD, Ezekiel 28:2, the manner in which his destruction shall be accomplished, Ezekiel 28:7, the lamentation for the king of Tyre begins Ezekiel 28:11, setting forth his former grandeur and dignity, Ezekiel 28:13, his fall, and the cause of it, injustice and violence in merchandise, pride because of beauty and wisdom, and profanation of sanctuaries, Ezekiel 28:16, next follow the Judgments on Sidon, Ezekiel 28:20.


And the chapter is concluded with a promise of the restoration of the Jews to their own land, and of great peace and safety in it, Ezekiel 28:24This promise will at length fully come to pass in the Heavenly Canaan: when all the saints shall be gathered together, everything that offends shall be removed; all grief and fears for ever banished for The LORD Will Display HIS Truth, Power, and Mercy, in the salvation and happiness of HIS Redeemed people.







No comments:

Post a Comment