Translate

Monday, February 3, 2020

Psalm 26 - David Speaks of CHRIST'S Spotless Innocence






Psalm 26 NIV



Of David.









1Vindicate me, LORD,

for I have led a blameless life;

I have trusted in The LORD

and have not faltered.



2Test me, LORD, and Try me,
Examine my heart and my mind;








3for I have always been mindful of YOUR Unfailing Love
and have lived in reliance on YOUR Faithfulness.


4I do not sit with the deceitful,
nor do I associate with hypocrites.
5I abhor the assembly of evildoers
and refuse to sit with the wicked.
6I wash my hands in innocence,
and go about YOUR Altar, LORD,
7proclaiming aloud YOUR Praise
and telling of all YOUR Wonderful Deeds.
8Lord, I love the House Where YOU Live,
the place where YOUR Glory Dwells.


9Do not take away my soul along with sinners,
my life with those who are bloodthirsty,

10in whose hands are wicked schemes,
whose right hands are full of bribes 



11I lead a blameless life;
Deliver me and Be merciful to me.

12My feet stand on level ground;
in the great congregation I Will Praise The LORD.








Psalm 26








David is here, by The SPIRIT of prophecy, carried out to speak of himself as a type of CHRIST, of Whom what he here says of HIS Spotless Innocence, was Fully and Eminently True, and of HIM only, and to HIM we may apply it in singing this Psalm.



I. His constant regard to GOD and HIS Grace (v. 3).


II. His rooted antipathy to sin and sinners (v. 4, 5).


III. His sincere affection to the ordinances of GOD, and his care about them (v. 6-8). Having proved his integrity,


1. He deprecates the doom of the wicked (v. 9, 10).


2. He casts himself upon the Mercy and Grace of GOD, with a resolution to hold fast his integrity, and his hope In GOD (v. 11, 12).



In singing this Psalm we must teach and admonish ourselves, and one another, what we must be and do that we may have the Favor of GOD, and comfort in our own consciences, as David does. 











No comments:

Post a Comment